Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Hitty: Her First 100 Years

  1. #1
    Inactive Member christhedolllady's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2004
    Posts
    85
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I picked up this book at the Quilt Festival over the weekend and I'm really enjoying reading it. Someone else had mentioned it in a book thread.

    It's the memoirs of a wooden doll carved out of mountain-ash wood. So far, she has had adventures in a crows nest, on a whaling ship, lost at sea, worshipped by island savages and part of a snake charmer's act. A very full life for a little wooden doll!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Brooke in BE's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2003
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    I'm glad you're enjoying it! It's my favorite! I have my own Hitty travel doll, it is so much fun!


    Brooke

  3. #3
    Inactive Member gingerharp's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    175
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love Hitty!! I read the book numrous times when I was growing up, and I still have my copy on my bookshelf here.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Sakurako's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2004
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That's been one of my favorite books since I was little. I have a Hitty, too. My father and I made her together in his workshop -- her body, arms and legs were turned on a lathe, which I helped with, and then her face and feet were carved by my Dad. Then I went upstairs and my mother painted her face very delicately and made her a beautiful wardrobe (you can definitely tell which clothes I helped to sew!). Then Dad made her a wooden trunk for her clothes and taught me to chipcarve to decorate the top of it. My Hitty is named Pamela.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •